TIFF/JPEG to PCL Program (IMGCVT.exe)
- Create Form: Start by creating a form in any Windows
application like Word or PageMaker. You can also open any previously created
PDF form in Acrobat Reader.
- Print Form / Capture .PRN Print File: Print to
a HP Laser Jet Series II printer driver (or other PCL driver when higher resolution
or color is required) to file. The default file extension is .PRN. Override this
generic print file extension and use .PCL instead. This creates a Windows temporary
print stream in PCL format, but is
NOT SUITABLEfor use as a PCL overlay because of the way it's generated by the Windows printer driver.
- Convert .PRN to .TIF: If you have the PCLTool SDK, open PCLTool.exe and convert the temporary PCL file you created into .TIF format (if you have PCLWorks Program use PCLWorks.exe).
- Convert .TIF to a Logo/Full Page Macro or In-Line PCL: Convert the .TIF file back into .PCL using the Img2PCL.exe program. This program creates a PCL file with one large raster object of the form overlay, along with no reset, no formfeed and with a specified macro id number and other escape codes needed to use it as an overlay.
- Troubleshoot: Finally, use PCLCodes.exe to translate the .PCL overlay into readable English for examining the file to better understand what the PCL is doing inside the file.
Convert Images to PCL Print Streams or Macros
Img2PCL.exe converts TIFF or JPEG images of documents, forms, logos & signatures into PCL print streams, form overlays or macros.
Img2PCL Program (Img2PCL.exe)
Img2PCL.exe is a graphical program used
to create PCL Print streams for printing TIFF or JPEG images. And, it
can also be used to create PCL overlays or macros for forms, logos, and
Img2PCL.exe saves it's preference settings in the 2PCL.ini which is used by IMGCVT.exe.
All programs that convert image file formats into PCL call the
for it to perform the actual conversion function. Only PCLTool
SDK (Option I) users also get the source code
IMGCVT.exe which is a sample Windows console program to show how to use IMGCVT.dll
for custom application development.
Form Overlay, Logo or Signature Macro Creation
Easily create form overlay macros for insertion into
PCL print streams by following these five steps:
To learn more about our products, services, flexible licensing and value pricing please contact us by one of the following methods:
||PCL Technical Support Form|